A newborn baby comes into the world with a set of protective factors derived from the mother during fetal development. It is believed that these substances perform their functions in the body until the age of 6 months. But nature, of course, could not leave the baby without further protection. From the mother’s milk, he receives immunoglobulins and antibodies that help the body to fight bacteria and viruses attacking from the outside. Also interesting and important is the fact that 70% of the immune system is in the human gut. Breastfeeding contributes to the settlement of the intestines, sterile at birth, with beneficial microorganisms. This in turn contributes to the full development and functioning of the immune system.
So the immune system is the body’s defense system, whose main task is to fight against toxins, bacteria and viruses entering from the outside and causing various diseases. It is clear that breast milk is very useful for babies, but what can a baby fed artificially do? How can they strengthen their immunity and stay healthy? To date, there is no catastrophic problem with this. After all, new technology helps baby formula manufacturers adapt their product to the composition of breast milk. And the more the formula is adapted and closer in composition and properties to breast milk, the faster it is digested and better absorbed, and the child’s body spends less energy on the digestive processes – it has the strength to fight the effects of the environment. In other words, artificially-fed babies have a real opportunity to have a favorable impact on the formation and strengthening of the immune status of the first years of life with the help of highly adapted formulas.
Let’s take a look at what should be included in a milk formula so that it is beneficial and strengthens your baby’s immune system:
- Live bifidobacteria – populate the gut microflora;
- DHA and ARA Smart Lipids is a special fat component created in accordance with the recommendations of leading pediatric associations. It is rich in unsaturated fatty acids, known for their positive long-term effects on child health;
- Vitamins C, E – help improve blood quality and enhance the body’s natural defenses;
- Omega-3 – a complex of fatty acids that increase resistance to viruses and bacteria;
- Zinc – an important trace element. It helps to neutralize pathogens that have entered the body. Keep in mind that vitamins C and D should go together with zinc, because they complement each other.
- Vitamin D – especially in winter. In summer, draw it from the sun’s energy
Consequently, if the milk formula contains all the above vitamins and trace elements, it is already a guarantee of success. HiPP baby formula and Kendamil formula fit this description better. They are fully organic and carefully designed to ensure that the baby grows and develops with a stable immune system. You can find a more detailed description of the infant formula on the Organic’s Best website.
Your baby’s final immune defense will be formed in adolescence, up to the age of 15, and it will last a lifetime. And while the child is small, everything depends on his parents. After all, a healthy and proper diet is 75% of the immune system’s success. The microclimate in the family, oddly enough, also affects the baby’s immunity. If parents are happy, avoid quarrels and often walk with their child outdoors, temper their child, then the baby grows up healthy and successful.